
It was a beautiful autumn day here in Brooklyn, so I offered that we should go outside in the backyard to play. Bryce initially refused. He finally reconsidered when I told him I would go out first and remove any caterpillars from his
swingset. Once the
swingset was a caterpillar free zone, Bryce had a great time playing in the yard. It was so nice out, so I made a 'picnic' lunch for Bryce.

When nature calls...

Here Bryce is flying a pretend kite. His pretend kite also got stuck in a pretend tree!

And now, the biggest surprise of the day. I was fixing some lunch for Audrey in the kitchen while Bryce was playing in the yard. The next thing I know, Bryce came in the kitchen holding a CATERPILLAR! When I inquired, he responded, "I asked the caterpillar if it wanted to come home with me and it said 'YES'!" (Bryce is regularly wanting to bring things home that belong outdoors and when we say no, he always wants to know if it would be okay if the 'thing' said that it wanted to come, too.) I then said that he could keep the caterpillar inside for a little while, but that it needs to live outside. Bryce looked at me with shock and concern and said, "NO! I told it when I came inside that it could stay for very lots of hours!"
No comments:
Post a Comment