Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ocean of Pillows

Bryce pulled all the cushions, blankets and pillows off the sofas onto the floor this morning and then Jeremy grabbed a bunch of stuff off of the beds with the idea that if you can't beat them, join them for a pretend game of ocean! Ocean involves a lot of swimming and climbing in and out of boats to avoid "pointy teeth" and "belly bubble" fish. At some point, Bryce decided that he needed to "go somewhere." He announced to Jeremy, "I be right back." So Jeremy responded, "Okay, see you later!" Bryce stopped and said, "No, Daddy! You not say, 'See you later.' I be right back!" Apparently, Bryce understands the subtle distinctions in saying good-bye!
Quote of the Day: After Bryce woke up from his nap, he and I cuddled while we looked out the window at Jeremy, who is laying a brick patio. Bryce told me, "I growing up." He then asked if I was growing up. I told him that I am already grown up. He then said, "You grow up to be a woman and Daddy grow up to be a man." I said that was right. I then added that he will grow up to be a man, too. He said, "No, I grow up to be Bryce!"
You can't argue with that!

No comments: