Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pool Party!

One of Andy’s (Danny's Dad) customers offered use of his pool and playground while he was away on vacation with his family. So, we all hopped on the train out to Maplewood for a weekend mini-break! We arrived on Friday evening and Bryce and Audrey spent some time exploring all of Danny's cool toys and furniture. Of course, Bryce thinks these are all his toys, but we just keep them at Aunt Nikki's house...

On Saturday, the weather looked like it was going to be nothing but storms, but it cleared up just as we arrived at the pool and didn’t start raining again until we’d decided to call it a day. And it was absolutely perfect! Bryce was a bit skiddish about getting in the water at first and was much more interested in directing everyone else to get in or to go down the slide. Eventually, we managed to convince him to try the warm jacuzzi. After that, he was willing to get in the bigger pool...even though it wasn't quite as warm.


Don't these guys look like twins?
Andy found this great pool toy and Bryce had a blast floating around in the pool...without getting wet and being tossed back and forth between Daddy and Andy.

Eventually, I was directed to get back in the pool by Bryce. I had finally gotten all dry, so I wasn't too keen on the demand. I tried just hanging out in the "cube."
That got a little boring, so I went down the slide and then dove from the rocks a few times. I was a little nervous at first because it has been a long time since I have jumped in a pool from that height and I couldn't quite remember what I should do!

After all my sliding and diving, Bryce joined me again in the warm whirlpool.
We blew lots of bubbles in the water, which Bryce has continued to do at every bath time since we came back from the pool...
I also tried to get Bryce to float on his back. His reaction... "NO THANK YOU!"
After a late lunch and getting dried off, we went up to the playground. Bryce tried out the trampoline with Jeremy. It would have been perfect except that the recent storms had blown up a bunch of little rocks onto the trampoline that didn't feel great on your feet.
Then Bryce found a bunch of BIG trucks. He pushed them all into a line in the yard, which is his signature move!
Then Bryce and I climbed up on the play set and Bryce tried out the spiral slide!

As it was time to go, Bryce helped Andy return the golf cart to the pool house and lock everything up. It was a fantastic day!

No comments: