Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sliding Into Old Times



Bryce, Audrey and I went back to our old neighborhood this morning for Music Together. Bryce told me as we arrived that he didn't want to go. Being that I had just walked 2 miles to get there, I told him we had to go, but he could just stay in the stroller. And so, that is where he stayed for a while. Eventually, the class was more interesting than the stroller and Bryce joined in. After Music, we went to my old school. I needed to fill out some paperwork and I knew folks would get a kick out of seeing Bryce and Audrey. On the way, I was telling Bryce about school and how he would get to go when he is a little older. His response was, "Oh, thank you, Mommy!" I wish I had that on tape! Bryce had a fantastic time at the school. He was not shy at all and just walked right in to the classrooms and looked around as though he was at home. Some 5th graders were even nice enough to read him a story! After that, we went to the playground and then to the library. I was certainly pooped after all of that walking...and so was Bryce...he passed out in the stroller before I could get back home!

No comments: