

Bryce took a really late nap this afternoon. We have found that when he does this, he tends to wake up confused and upset. Today was no different. To make matters worse, his diaper had leaked. When Jeremy and I came into the room to get him, he very happily jumped up and wanted me to hold him. He crawled up onto my shoulder, wrapped his arms around my neck and laid his head down...very sweet! Jeremy tried to give him a hug and he shoved him away. He only wanted Mommy. Since I couldn't lay him down, I just took off his wet clothes and diaper and then had a very clingy, naked baby holding on to me. Anytime that Bryce would sense that I might want to put him down, he would cry. He also would cry when I had no intention of setting him down. It took about 20 minutes for Bryce to consent to let go of me, put on a diaper and go play. Jeremy saw this as the perfect opportunity to go take a nap (Bryce was happily playing, etc.) However, as soon as Jeremy stepped into the bedroom, Bryce started wailing. Jeremy came back out and comforted him and then tried again. Bryce just wailed. I thought this was hysterical - finally something that would keep Jeremy from his nap! Finally, Jeremy got out a bag of raisins and laid down on the couch for a nap. I don't know if it was the raisins or the fact that Jeremy didn't try to leave the room, but either way, Bryce was cured!
2 comments:
He must get frustrated that it takes so much effort to train the two of you. I'm glad you finally were able to "get it".
Bryce read you message and nodded vigorously - finally, someone who understands all that he has to put up with!
Post a Comment