Saturday, June 7, 2008

NY Mini

Hot and humid greetings to everyone! This morning, Jeremy, Bryce and I trudged into Manhattan to Central Park so that I could run my very first 10K (the New York Mini). It was exceptionally warm and muggy, but despite that, I met my goal of finishing in under an hour (57:29). My good friend, Kim was running with me for most of the race, but nature called around mile 4 and I continued on without her.
While I ran, Bryce and Jeremy played at a really great playground. I quote Jeremy..."If I was a kid, I would have thought that this was an awesome playground; however, as a parent, it made me panic." The playground was a large concrete castle/fortress. Bryce loved going through the tunnels and scrambling up the stone ramps and walls. He fell once, but wasn't too bothered.
This evening, we went and listened to a band playing Nigerian dance music at the Brooklyn Museum of Art. The music was a nice backdrop as we ate our dinner and chased Bryce around!

1 comment:

Apryl said...

Yay, Carla!!! Congrats on your first 10K. :)
Love,
Apryl